Look what I got from Shannon of the fantabulous Shannon’s Sweet Valley High Blog and Luke’s Diner AND from Lindsay of the wonderful The Literary Adventures of Lindsay Monroe AND from Cordee at the hilarious Gourmet Scum and Other Fun Stuff! Thank you thank you!
Here are the rules that came with the award:
1) Thank the person who nominated me for this award.
2) Copy the award & place it on my blog.
3) Link to the person who nominated me for this award.
4) Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.
5) Nominate 7 bloggers.
6) Post links to the 7 blogs I nominate.
Interesting things about me:
- My dream used to be to become a music video director. Yes really. I would storyboard ideas and everything. I still do it in the car or on the Metro when I’m bored.
- Since I am contractually obligated to mention it at every possible opportunity: I play roller derby. It’s the best sport in the world, and it lets me wear sparkly miniskirts and slam myself into other people whilst on wheels. I adore it.
- I have a fantastic cat named Theresa, who is named after a character from the oft-mourned soap opera Passions.
- I once saw Cokie Roberts in a ladies room. It was funny, (to me) because I had to pretend to be disinterested and cool, and nod politely, when I really wanted to be all “OMG! I loved Founding Mothers!”. This was before she said that silliness about Hawaii, or I might have had to mention it.
- I collect sock monkeys and sock monkey-related items. I even have earrings! (Thanks, SIL!)
- I only wear blue mascara. I have since high school.
- I am pretty obsessed with cryptozoology.
Seven awesome blogs:
- Bookslide III – Run by the awesome Alana, who is recapping L.J. Smith for the edification of all, and whose thoughts on other books and reading in general are consistently thought-provoking, even when I don’t entirely agree. XD
- Shannon’s Sweet Valley High Blog – Sweet Valley High was my WORLD when I was a pre-teen, and re-experiencing that with Shannon at the helm has been hysterical and amazing.
- The Literary Adventures of Lindsay Monroe – She’s hilarious and I have to admit that that banner makes me laugh out loud every time. Oh Al.
- Gourmet Scum and Other Fun Stuff – Old School Degrassi, BSC, 90210, Pike, SVH…um Cordee does it all and still stays sane and hilarious.
- Like Pike – True, it’s been a while since she updated, but I can hardly fault anyone for that! Her Pike recaps are awesome.
- Unleashing My Inner Teenager. – YA Lit was so much better in our youth. I love Whitney’s take on it.
- Dibbly Fresh – Sadako is awesome and she just recapped CATS. I mean, come on!.
Please check out all of the links over there on the side, though, since they’re all great and I wish I could have nommed them all.